The Episcopal School of Nashville is seeking a First Grade Homeroom Teacher for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Located on the grounds of St. Ann’s Episcopal Church in East Nashville, the school opened its doors in the summer of 2016. The Episcopal School of Nashville is a diverse urban independent school, and is dedicated to nurturing the joy of learning and the spirit of discovery in each of its students. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. Episcopal School continually strives for an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
At Episcopal School, a rigorous curriculum emphasizes the importance of individualized learning, giving each student the skills required to fulfill his or her potential. Collaborative work with Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies are balanced by a complementary curriculum in the Creative and Performing Arts and enriched by a vibrant Chapel Program. Technology is integrated into the daily learning of all students.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with other teachers to plan and deliver dynamic and relevant instruction in language arts, math, social studies, science, and social/emotional learning;
- Implement instructional strategies and use clear and consistent classroom management in ways that align with the Responsive Classroom approach;
- Provide supervision during lunch and recess periods;
- Adhere to guidelines, procedures, and policies in the Employee Handbook;
- Help children with organization, problem solving, and conflict resolution to support individual needs;
- Communicate professionally and effectively with parents, teachers, administrators and colleagues;
- Attend required in-service days, meetings, and training sessions as designated;
- Have a professional desire to work in the classroom and to develop or continue to develop teaching skills in the academic disciplines, as well as the ongoing work of social/emotional development of children.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Episcopal School of Nashville team through firstname.lastname@example.org.